Monday, February 11, 2008

It's a Hat Trick!

EP enlisted this weekend. He joined the Wisconsin national Guard---so the cheeseheads now have my boy!
Because he's not quite 18, he has 364 days to report to Basic. He should finish his Associates' degree in December. Between that and two awards he earned [Eagle Scout and Billy Mitchell(through CAP)] in his young life, he will START Basic training as an E4. He will start drilling with the Guard next month, in a separate program for recruits; he'll be paid for that. He'll have this semester's tuition reimbursed, and college paid for from now until the end. He'll get a signing bonus, and a deployment deferment of 2 years. And a spiffy uniform with a Badger on it! (OK, I don't know if the uniform has a badger. I wonder if the patrol cap has a cheese?) (OK, I'm sorry.) He'll be trained as a combat medic in sunny San Antonio, although he doesn't know yet where he'll attend Basic. He's very excited.
But I'm not. The camera got left in the car, which is now at the community college parking lot. So the picture we took of him "raisin' his hand" can't be downloaded until tonight. But we'll show it off as soon as we can!
As a side note, many of my military mom cyber-friends are offering me hair dye coupons. With three in the military, they say I'll need it! I say I like my grey hairs. They're the only thing on me getting LIGHTER! (Bah dum-CHING!)

No comments: