Saturday, April 14, 2012

Saturday Farm Report

I have hit the two week mark at work. Yes, I'm working. I supervise study hall at Mary's school. It's a lot like babysitting, but the "babies" get all hormonal, or attitudinal, and things can get complicated. But things are going well. Either that, or I'm completely delusional, and the inmates are running the asylum.

Getting accustomed to working has eaten up quite a bit of my time. I know, I know, millions of people work and I should just get over it. But those millions probably went through an adjustment, right? I'm at the point in mine where I am tired enough to be worrying about getting sick. Yeah, that's all I need right now.

I'm behind on cleaning. On organizing. Laundry is caught up, though. But the garden is sad, sad, sad. I'd planned to have potatoes and peas planted by now, but no such luck. I'd like to get out there tonight, but that's not going to happen. There's always tomorrow...

Baby goats are weaning. Baby lambs are on the radar. We're looking for some, and also some pigs. I also saw an ad for some Jersey steers, so a baby beef is out there for us, too. Wakiya seems to be no worse for having lost her pasture buddy. Mary's been up in the saddle this week, finally. She tells me, "Wakiya went a little wonky, but I stayed on. I didn't grab the horn, and I stayed on." Yay, Mary!

Tonight Minah is having two friends sleep over. Pray for us.

No comments: