Friday, September 5, 2008

Movie Quotes

So today the Chicago Tribune had two articles that caught my eye. One was a report on John McCain's speech last night, with "fact checking" to point out the errors he (might have) made. The other was called Lines To Live By, with the subtitle, "Sometimes the best part of the movie is the quote you take with you." I was feeling less than politically active today; after all, it's Friday! Movie night!

We have many favorite quotes here at Pine Ridge. Many of them are from movies. We have thought again and again of painting the blank wall in our sitting area, the place where the entertainment center is, with these quotes.

Some of our favorites?

A favorite during tough farm chores is, "It could be worse. Could be raining." (Marty Feldman in Young Frankenstein.)

With four kids, we often use, "You whine like a mule. You are still alive." (Morgan Freeman in Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves.)

With three sons in the military, a real popular one is, "Some things in here don't react very well to bullets." (Sean Connery in The Hunt For Red October.)

Another one we love is not technically from a movie; it was uttered by Michael Dorn in the first season of Star Trek: The Next Generation; "I am NOT a Merry Man!"

Care to share yours?

6 comments:

Bi-Coloured-Python-Rock-Snake said...

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something." The Princess Bride, easily the most quoted movie in our family, probably by an order of magnitude.

Kristi said...

You can't have any, you're too young! Three Musketeers

It's a conspiracy MAN! The oil companies got a grip on the government! CARS

I am sure there are others, that I can't think of right now....

Elephantschild said...

AH! Evan beat me to one of ours.

Another one from the Princess Bride:

"GENTLY!"

And of course, the rhyming lines from the same movie:

"Fezzig? Are there rocks ahead?"
"If there are, we'll all be dead!"

"No more rhyming now, I mean it!"
"Anybody want a peanut?"

Wolfdog said...

Mom! You forgot
"Now we input things the way we like to call the RIGHT way..." Rocketman
And a good one from Cars:
I'm happier than a tornader in a trailer park!
And one of my favorite Avatar quotes
"no one's here, you can take the beard off now"
"No I can't. It's permanently glued to my face" (often quoted when I don't want to get off the horse)

Caitlin Magness said...

"They're scary when they grow up aren't they?" Ron Weasley, HP4

"And I feel sorry for you." Harry Potter, HP5

Senor Sock said...

"Get your paws off me, you dammed dirty apes!"--Chuck Heston in "Planet of the Apes"

"Is there nothing in your life worth losing everything for?"--Sean Connery as Razuli in "The Wind and the Lion"

"I get a bad feeling about this."--Harrison Ford as Han Solo in the original and best "Star Wars"

"I want a world where there's no place for any Johnny Rocco's."--Humphrey Bogart in "Key Largo"