Monday, January 21, 2008

Family Tour

I tend to be a nosy person. When people talk about someone else, I try to conjure up images and personalities. I wanna know what that other person is like, and sometimes I get a little grumpy because I wonder why I'm not good enough to have met them. Well, I talk about other people on this blog from time to time, and I don't want to leave you out in the cold, so to speak, which is saying a lot for northern Illinois this weekend! So I will share some pictures and descriptions of my family this week, just to, you know, be fair.
And it's Monday and my brain is not yet in high gear and I really don't have much to blog about. Just being honest.
Let's start with...the youngest. MSP made her appearance almost 13 years ago and looks about like this now.
She's coloring here; art is one of her great interests. If I could get her as interested in writing....But that's beyond the scope of this post.I'd say, for her age, she's appropriately horse and boy crazy (boy crazy enough to worry her dad, but not lose him any sleep. Yet.) Ironically, she's our most athletically inclined kid. The boys were more likely to be found reading or computing. Fitness became an issue when they wanted to enlist. She's our kid who HAS to be active during the day, or we go crazy. Get that? WE go crazy. "MSP, GO OUTSIDE for a while!"
Working up from the bottom, we get EP, Civil Air Patrol cadet, college student, and fencing and Airsoft aficionado. Here's our "baby boy," mostly grown up and earning his Billy Mitchell. Oh, and being named Outstanding Cadet Officer of the Year. Not that we brag or anything. He'd be, by the way, second from the left. He's always been pretty focused; not driven, just focused. Right now he's focusing on finishing his Associate's degree (he'll be 18 when he's done in December) and enlisting in the National Guard, as a combat medic. The jury is still out on whether he'll stay in Illinois or if Wisconsin will get him....
I think that's enough about us for one day. The dogs are up and ready to rock, the coffee pot is calling again, and the phone is ringing!

1 comment:

Genuine Lustre said...

But bragging is so much fun. Doesn't a uniform just DO something for a man? Congrats EP!