Saturday, January 5, 2008

Hello

I got so caught up in the Christmas break we've been taking around here, I just didn't blog. Or do laundry. Which wasn't too hard; our year-old dryer decided to take a break, too. I really don't get it. I think it just likes that Huntington Service guy. If it doesn't see him in what it thinks is too long, it just quits. I knew, when I washed towels, and it took two hours to dry the load, that we were in trouble. But we're not calling. We're just not. We're washing and trucking the wet stuff to the laundromat. And we'll keep up with that until the machine gives in...or it becomes advantageous for us to call Huntington. Not before. But WE will NOT give in! In the words of someone who was a better writer than I:

Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

People don't write that way anymore.



1 comment:

Elephantschild said...

Email me on the dryer, k? My Dh's fixed a fair number of laundry equipment issues in the last few years.

Both washer and dryer are high-mileage over here.