Monday, February 18, 2008

Monday, Monday

It's frigid here in the Tundra; windy, icy and, yet, there's water on the pavement. Water running in rivers across state and county roads. Water flooding over town streets. In short, it's nasty.
I got beat royally playing Quiddler this weekend. It was embarrassing, but I didn't even cry. I think I need more practice. Maybe I'll take it to Glenda's this weekend, when I selfishly leave my husband and children bereft of chef and cleaning lady so that I can indulge my sinful nature with chocolate, merlot and other diverse delights.
There's an inside joke there. Sorry about that, but it's my blog. I don't have to be polite.
Word games are the best. I've always enjoyed them. Scrabble is good. I also like Charades, which, at it's heart, is a word game. I'm not good at cards, so, invite me over to play something which requires betting with money. I won't show up, but you can invite me. I'm really good at Trivial Pursuit. Remember that one? My brain is just stuffed with trivial nonsense. It's one of my gifts.

11 comments:

MelanieT said...

Oh, no Melody! You're not planning to go this weekend are you? I'm going next weekend! What will Glenda say????

Melody said...

No, Melanie, you're right. It's next weekend. I get ditzier and ditzier as the years go by!

MelanieT said...

What a relief! ;o) Do bring Quiddler. I've been wanting to play it.

Cheryl said...

Have an extra piece of chocolate (the darker the better) and a glass of wine for me, okay? I'll expect a full report (complete with movie review) when you return!

Kristi said...

OH MAN! I wanna come, but I don't think I dare ask hubby's mom to keep the kids any more than I already am. I will be gone the whole next weekend with my best friend from waaayyy back (like 1972 way back!).

Eye candy? Chick flicks? Maybe I could work it out, but doubtful.....

Elephantschild said...

Aaaaaaaaahhhhh! Kristi said the E-word!!! Oh, no! Help, help!

I will be working on our kitchen remodeling - you know, WORKING, while you poor miserable sinners eat chocolate.

And yes, I want a full report, including which movies were watched.

Genuine Lustre said...

Uh Oh, another one of those wild Lutheran women's weekends. Hide the Kevin Costner dvds!

Glenda said...

Slow to the table as usual, I always say that is why the last syllable of my name is "duh."

Anyway, Kristi, come! Elephant's Child, forget working and come! Cheryl, come!

I've never played Quiddler, that sounds great.

Can't wait till next weekend!

Elephantschild said...

We talk big, but usually it ends up more like...

Girls Gone Mild.

Melody said...

Yeah, Cheryl and EC; come! I'll even drive!
Kristi; couldn't we meet up somewhere and ride together? There's gotta be a way....

Cheryl said...

If only . . . but alas, on the weekend in question about 15 high school kids are counting on me to be sitting at the piano while they blow or bow their respective instruments (and I have already been paid for the privilege of doing so). So have fun, and above all, make me proud to call you friends!