Friday, March 7, 2008

Help Needed, Please!

You know, I've been feeling badly because I'd really like to comment on current events. I'd like to develop and share some really cogent opinions. For a while, I've been thinking it's my lack of thinking skills. I really can't figure out what the problem is. Maybe if I share the events of a typical day, one of you can help me pinpoint where I'm misusing my time and help me figure out a way to organize my life so I can organize my thoughts. Should we give it a try?
Yesterday morning, I woke up at 7 when JP4ling#3 came by for his Thursday visit. Great-Grandma needed help with a shower, JP4ling needed books read and breakfast and movies, Grandma, and chocolate milk and can I watch another movie? and Great-Grandma still needed a shower and MSP wanted more help with her den and John had to go order chicken feed and where do I keep the number of the feed store and then we went to one bank to close accounts and picked up JP4ling#2 along the way who was very bouncy and needed attention but didn't get any until the lady at the second bank turned the cartoons on while John and I opened bank accounts (for our almost-nonexistent money) and then we went home for lunch, which MSP had sweetly prepared. We slammed it down and by now I canceled my 1pm physical therapy appointment because there was just no way and then we noticed that EP wasn't home, although he was supposed to be back at 1 but didn't get home till almost 2 and he and I had to go to the bank and open his new checking account and John called while we were there to tell us that JP4ling#1 needed to be picked up from school (which I thought HE was doing) so we headed over there and then EP told me we had to pick up his lunch pizza, which had been ordered and had been cooling for, oh, about an hour now while we were at the bank . John called to say the homeschool moms who come by once a week for tea and CHOCOLATE had begun to arrive and by time we got back the party was underway. Kids played and moms talked until almost 6, and then we had a quick supper and JP4 went off to class, leaving the JP4lings with us. I was PMSing and felt terrible and just wanted to go to bed but we had to watch more movies and first there was Shrek and why can't we have snacks and I need some popcorn and I want some chocolate milk and can we watch Mary Poppins now and Daddy's here!! and then it was (thankfully) bedtime and too soon it was morning and JP4 came back with JP4ling #2 and......
Any advice you can give on how I can better organize my life, just let me know!

9 comments:

Genuine Lustre said...

Oh, I don't know Melody. No advice\, but here's a kleenix.

If it makes you feel better I have been a raving screaming lunatic lately. This evening I chased my 17 yo around the barn with a pitchfork and then had a good cry. Tomorrow I drive the kids in the blizzard to a 2 day swim meet while husband naps on the couch in the silent house with the flu and then on Sunday he flies to Vegas for a week. I'll handle things here........

Elephantschild said...

No help. :(

Other than to bop into your comment box so you know I'm reading and listening and thinking of you!

Hey, if Cheryl wanders by: What are you doing the weekend after Easter? Should we rescue Melody and whisk her away to Ikea on that Saturday?

Ma said...

Melody,

Cute blog. So many adults don't feel needed by their children. You sure can't say that! As busy as you are, it sounds great to me.

Betsy

Cheryl said...

Just wandering by . . .
I have tentative plans with a friend for the weekend after Easter, but they aren't completely set yet. I need to check back with her to firm things up. It's even possible my plans with her could involve meeting up with the two of you at Ikea! (She'll fit right in to the craziness--it's Michelle D. of Iowa and she had originally considered hosting her own palooza on the very weekend in question but then decided that it was just too much to manage right now--but she and I are still talking about getting together. Maybe we can get together at my house instead of hers!) Keep me posted on what you gals come up with. (I love that word--"gals"--we didn't use it down in Texas, but I have really developed an appreciation for it since living in the Midwest. Gals, gals, gals.)

Cheryl said...

Oh yeah, I meant to comment on your question, Melody.

I don't have any brilliant ideas either. Your life sounds a lot like mine except I don't have grandchildren and cows and chickens. But oh, the constant interruptions! The only thing I can think of to create thinking/blogging time is to wake up before everyone else. Then at the end of the day you can excuse yourself and go to bed while they're all still twisting and shouting. Works for me--sometimes.

Cheryl said...

Oops, I think I'm confused. The weekend EC is thinking about is the last weekend of March, isn't it? I was thinking first weekend of April (that's when I'm getting together with Michelle). The last weekend of March I am totally out of commission as I will be chaperoning ds at the Illinois qualifying tournament for the Denker chess scholarship. But if you want to drop in on me in Skokie we can have a drink at the hotel bar!

Melody said...

A drink at the hotel bar? Now, there's a thought... EC?

Elephantschild said...

Skokie? Is that a real place? ;)

Actually, the first Sat. in April might work better for me than the one after Easter.

Cheryl said...

I'm checking with Michelle!