Saturday, July 5, 2008

Belated 4th of July Post

I really wanted to, and knew I should, post something like this yesterday. I really did.
But I was chopping potato salad and smoking brisket.
It was wonderful.

As is this:



How many of you followed this suggestion yesterday? Maybe you don't know her, and didn't read her blog, but, how many of you thought of the young men and women who stand between you and evil? If you didn't, don't feel badly. They wouldn't want you to. But, please, pray for them now, and in the future. Pray for their health, their well-being, their safe return. Pray for their families. Pray for their patience, their forbearance. Pray for the people of this nation, that we would dedicate ourselves to a sense of honor, a life of courage, a commitment to something greater than ourselves, that we would defend this nation and each other.
And pray for peace, for an end to the necessity for armies and navies.

2 comments:

Ma said...

That's just beautiful. The last two days I have had constant thoughts of our soldiers. The deaths continue, even though I keep reading we are making progress. More and more of our MM's are sending sons/daughters off to war. I'm heavy with prayer. Thanks for your posting. We need to keep posting about this war to keep people praying and knowing that we have children over there that may not come home.

Bi-Coloured-Python-Rock-Snake said...

I love this ad.

It makes me only a *little* bit jealous that the Marines have such consistently powerful ads. Why can't the Army come up with stuff like this? Ours seem like used-car ads by comparison. (Though the Army Strong series is a big improvement).