Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tagged!

Oh, good! Susan has given me something to write about today.

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?

Hmmm...I'm getting old enough that I don't always remember what I did yesterday! But...Ten years ago we were celebrating our first year at Pine Ridge Farm. We were starting our first year of homeschooling. And we had just been through our oldest son's first year in high school. We had no idea of the turmoil he was going through and would affect us so profoundly in the years to follow.

2. What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (in no particular order?)

----Pick up the lawn mower deck; Done. It meant a long drive to a small town east of here, to a welding shop run by the least talkative person I've met in a while!
----Check out the interesting-looking farm stand I've been meaning to stop at for years; Done. I'm not sure it's a long-term new friend; I'd rather buy more local veggies, and a lot of theirs come from elsewhere.
----Take a nap; Done.
----Finish the laundry. One load of jeans left to dry and fold.
----Watch a movie with John. Tonight we'll continue the Jack Ryan mini-movie festival with Patriot Games.

3. Snacks I enjoy

-----dark chocolate
-----Starbuck's Java Chip ice cream
-----cashews and fruit...or dark chocolate!

4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire

-----invest in alternative energy research
-----build a large farm/orphanage where kids could grow up with animals and farm work
-----include, on the farm, housing for disabled veterans, who could recover and enjoy the presence of kids, animals, and farm work
-----tell John to retire and help me with all the veterans, kids, animals, and farm work!

5. Places I have lived

-----Illinois. I was born here, grew up here, went to college here got married here, had kids here...and want to die somewhere else!

6. Jobs I have had

-----ice cream scooper
-----waitress
-----receptionist at an outdoor music theatre
-----teaching aide in a school for kids with behavior issues
-----home day care provider

7. People I want to know more about

Hmmm...Some don't blog...but, maybe, Jenny? Barb K? Kristi? Wendi?

No comments: