Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Aftermath

Sin stinks. After feeding myself well for weeks and weeks of Weight Watchers, I succumbed...to wine, chocolate and much rich food. I suffered for two days. It has been a hangover of sorts, even though the wine consisted of a grand total of one glass. Oh. There was also some Bailey's in my coffee. But just once.
Anyway, Round Unvarnish'd Tale and Elephant's Child wrote some amazing reports of our fun. I'll let you read them about it; you can also check out Rebellious Pastor's Wife's report. I, instead, will tell you of the aftermath.

The laundry in my home multiplied while I was gone. I always try to wash every stitch of clothing we own before I leave for any extended time (read: more than one overnight.) It is a little known fact that, given the opportunity, clothing will breed in the laundry bin. Mine took the chance. When I woke up Monday morning, this is the sight that greeted me;



The horror. The abject misery.

This has been my life for the past 36 hours;




Lest you fear for me, know that I am not daunted. Although much washing has been done, and much remains, there is light at the end of the tunnel. The dark clothes are being washed. And I have had some respite from the laundry; I spent some time paying bills and tending to other financial matters yesterday. And today I got to take Grandma and Mary to the doctor.

Life is a barrel of laughs here.

But the laundry will be clean.

1 comment:

Elephantschild said...

Oh, the video is the crowning touch. That's hilarious!

Naughty laundry! Abstinence works every time it's tried, boys and girls!