Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Lost Week

Boy, it sure feels that way sometimes, doesn't it? I feel like I've been somewhere else this week and may not get to return! You know it's bad when I don't check e-mail for two days!
Why do we let our lives spin out of control like this sometimes? It wasn't a matter of lack of organization as much as it was events conspiring, if you can understand that. There was always something else coming along and pulling me away; constant little fires that needed putting out.
I really like to have a handle on things. I hope I'm not a control freak, but I like my routine to be consistent and my life to be predictable. Almost boring, even. But not this week. Not even close.
How do YOU deal with it when that happens? My Weight Watcher self was glad that I only turned to food 3...maybe 4 times. And I always did it in a healthy and responsible way. Until my homeschool mom group came over today and I had blueberry pie and brownies staring at me. Even still, I am not unhappy with what I ate and how I coped. I did tell John yesterday that I'm not sure how much longer I can handle a schedule like this. I realize that I have to change what's going on, and I am actually looking forward to school starting next week. That comes with a somewhat built-in routine.
Tomorrow I will be beginning another second career. I'll be substitute teaching this school year, and I'll be in a 4 year-old preschool classroom in the afternoon. Should be interesting, no?

No comments: