Monday, September 15, 2008

Yay, Me!

I've been waiting for Labor Day to post about my Weight Watchers' experiences. My plan was to lose my first 10%--a major goal in WW--by Labor Day, so I could brag on myself. But my meetings are on Mondays, and Labor Day was a Monday, so we didn't meet. Last week, when I expected I could post (the expectation I set for myself) I missed my goal by two-tenths of a stinkin' pound. Yeah, we count those tenths, and I was very vexed.

As last week progressed, I was, for the first time on WW, HUNGRY. Believe it or not, I have not really been hungry yet on this diet. It has been the easiest, simplest thing in the world to learn to eat right and then lose weight. But last week...hungry, hungry, hungry. I ate more than I should have, because it was really bothersome. BUT...I didn't eat as much as I COULD have.

Well, it worked anyway. When I went to weigh-in tonight, I fully expected to lose about half a pound. I just didn't think I did all that well.

I lost two pounds. (Polly! That's FOUR bags of flour!) That may not sound like a lot, but in WW, that is BIG. I made my first 10% goal, and have lost 21.8 (remember those tenths!) pounds now. We partied over me, and it was wonderful.

Now comes the work. Hard work. I need to go shopping. My clothes are literally falling off of me. And I have to be careful, because I have 23.2 pounds left to lose! I don't want to spend spend too much on what will be an interim wardrobe.

So I'm going to have to suck it up. I'll leave the kids here, 'cause they'd be bored. I'll spend time by myself, wandering through clothing stores, thrift stores, etc, finding just the right things.

It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it. I'll step up!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations! You must feel wonderful. I just restarted WW this week. You are such an inspiration!

Genuine Lustre said...

Amazing. I want to party over you too. Actually, with you.