Monday, October 20, 2008

Incommunicado

I have been. It's been a rough week.
I have been installing and finishing the wood floors in our living room. Now, I tried to take photos, because I know how you wait with bated breath for my photoessays. But I had misplaced my usual camera, and, being a creature of habit, didn't know how to get the photos from the replacement camera, through my computer, to this blog. Once I had figured it out, I had other things on my mind.
Grandma had a stroke yesterday. While she terrified us, it turned out to be relatively mild, and her doctor is very optimistic about her prognosis. I'll tell you what I know as I know it, you know?
And now I must get back to varnishing. I use a fleece-type applicator on a broom-length pole, drawing it across the floor to apply the varnish. Think Venetian gondolier, in flannel shirt and jeans, in a smelly room. Yeah, that's about it!

2 comments:

Elephantschild said...

Wow. You're making good time on that floor! I'm impressed.

Ma said...

I'm sorry about your Grandmother. I'm glad she is going to make a full recovery. I am waiting to see pictures of the floor!

Betsy