Saturday, December 27, 2008

Saturday Thaw

Christmas Eve, it was -3. Today, it's 49.

Christmas Day, the view out the back window was much like this, only moreso. The snow was up to the top of my barn boots, about 18". In fact, yesterday the view out the back window was like this:


This morning, the view was more like this:



That's less than 18 hours, folks. Imagine the water. Or, look at it:



Now, some people might heave a sigh of relief over this turn of events. Me, I just sighed...when I stepped in a puddle and realized that my barn boots had finally worn through! Nothing like wet, wool socks in the morning. But at least the girls were brave enough to venture out this morning.

4 comments:

Elisha said...

I am envious of your weather. We have only had the water. the plain old wet soggy water. No snow.

Melody said...

See, Susan, some people do like the snow. :) Thanks, Elisha, for helping me feel less looney!

Wolfdog said...

You say "girls", but in fact, that bufforpington is not a girl

Susan said...

Does Elisha have a snowblower or a plow? Does Elisha enjoy cross-country skiing and snowmobiling?

My choir partner at church loves the winter. Her whole family loves the snow. I said it's not natural and that we'll have summer in heaven (but not those kill-ya hot-n-muggy summers!). They claim that there might be snow in heaven. But I'm sticking with what John tells us in Revelation about the tree bearing fruit every month of the year. Yup. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

You don't wanna come get my snow and take it to your house, do you?