Wednesday, January 7, 2009

From The Road

So I have arrived. (What was with that post yesterday? Could you tell I was quite tired?)

We (Mary and I) left IL on Monday morning. As usual, I left about an hour later than I wanted to. I realized that Mapquest was sending me through Iowa, rather than Missouri, like I had thought. Because I don't do anything if I haven't been told to, I switched my plan and went through Iowa. It gave me the opportunity to call my cousin Cindy and have lunch with her in Iowa City. We spent that night with John's aunt and uncle in Independence, MO. We got no pictures of them, but a few of one of their cats, Roscoe. This is his favorite sleeping/observation post.



Day Two was spent driving through Kansas, Oklahoma and northern Texas. While on route, John called to tell us that Matthew will be home TWO DAYS EARLIER THAN EXPECTED! We spent the night with the Heimbigners near Fort Worth. Their daughter, Abigail, was nice enough to allow us to help her celebrate her baptism birthday. She wanted--and received--her very own hymnal.



Mary made some new friends among the Heimbigner children.



After pictures, we hit the road for Corpus Christi; an hour later than I wanted to! I did not like the route Mapquest sent us on; 35 straight through the state. I do not like Austin traffic. But we made it here, and are spending some time with the Brynestads. Tonight we had a wonderful supper, some good wine, and good conversation. Now for some good sleep!

(By the way, some of you may wonder why I headed for the coast when I need to be up north in Killeen. Those of you who wonder have obviously never been here! But, believe me; I'll be in Killeen on time!)

No comments: