Thursday, April 30, 2009

To My Solidly Christian Friends



Is this God's plan? Is there some future reason for this excess of water?




Or is this the effect of sin?

I am genuinely despairing. I am sorry, Susan. I didn't get your concerns over snow this past winter. I get it now. It's been 2 summers since I had a productive garden; I don't see it happening this year, either. The cows and horses are destroying the pasture; 1,000 pounds each, times 3, walking on saturated soil. Footprints everywhere; divots would be an improvement over what we have now. I can't even get out to feed them this morning; what grass we have will be gone tomorrow. Don't get me started on foot rot.

Well, at least my house is getting cleaned. I think I'm more organized now than ever, except the day before we moved in!

Bess just walked by. Each footprint made water splash up. She was in up to her ankles. -sigh- And our forecast calls for 5 days of rain in the next 10, all of them cloudy. -sigh- -sigh-

2 comments:

Elephantschild said...

I'd never thought about it before, but Pastor explained that even creation, all of nature, the soil, seas, and forest are all soiled by the effects of sin.

:( Either that, or the magic charm that our Dear Leader used to get himself elected ran out on the 100th day...

Genuine Lustre said...

I don't know the answer Melody, but we had a yr like that last yr. This spring is a little dryer for us. I felt miserable about it until I saw some pictures of farms in England in WW2 - Mud and water everywhere. I decided it is just the way of things. Do they have one dry area they can go stand ( barn?)

There is always some challenge with the animals. We couldn't get down to the hoof trimmer yesterday. He wont' be back for a month. Cow's hooves getting long and curly. : (