Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Cheap Shot

I am close to a major Weight Watchers' announcement. I thought I could make it today, but I was told last night that it looks like I've fallen victim to HHAS, (high hormone activity syndrome) which causes, among other things, HMSA (high mouth-stuffing activity.) Probably next week...

One of the other things it causes is HERS (high emotional response syndrome.) So it was this morning, as I drove to meet Jay, and I heard on the radio about this. Rotten news department of WIND decided to play tape of moms, wives, family, friends, etc, cheering the return home of these heroes. I started to feel the tears well up.

Then I met Jay at Starbuck's. As we were heading to court after our coffee, he was in his Class As (the former, green version; same color as the lady on the right.) That's enough to bring a tear to any mommy's eyes. But then the barista gave him free coffee, admired his uniform, and thanked him for his service.

I barely held it back. Didn't want to embarrass him. But it was a cheap shot from Tuesday Morning!

1 comment:

Genuine Lustre said...

I got your back on this one Melody.