Saturday, September 26, 2009

Homeward Bound

We have left Matthew and Keri again, after spending a day or so around Ft. Sill. We're heading through Oklahoma, and are almost to Missouri. We should be home in the wee hours of tomorrow morning.

Ethan is taking a turn behind the wheel. Our family rule is that the driver picks the radio station. I am being reminded of the musical tastes of young men between 18 and 24.

Why do the stations I like fade out after 30 miles or so, and his just keep going and going and...

UPDATE: Jenny has helped clear up for me the mystery of the radio stations. She says that it is because rock stations are powered by sex and drugs. Country stations (my favorites, especially when driving through TX and OK) are only powered by beer in cans and the dust from a pickup truck as it leaves. Makes sense to me!

1 comment:

Ma said...

You are not far from me. I am in northwest Arkansas. My oldest son lives in Norman, Oklahoma.

Funny about Ethan! I like that rule though. I'll have to tell my husband. We listen to different radio stations.