Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturday Farm Report

A busy, but fun day. We started out at a dog clinic; a 4H meeting of kids "doing dogs," this one had demonstrations of sled dogs and hunting dogs. John and I spent it at Starbuck's. Trust me, they were better off without us, decaffeinated as we were!

We hit several garden centers on the way to visit Mom. This weekend, I've planted gazania, edelweiss, sedum, dahlias, lupines, delphiniums, dianthus, foxglove and gaillardia. I have tons of pictures, but will share them next week. I also moved some lilies and some lavender, and planted sage, peppers and one other edible...why I can't remember is beyond me!

Played with my horse today; just brushing, feeding apples and, oh yeah, deworming. She LOVES that. Here's a picture, not of her, but of another horse reacting as she did this afternoon when she got her dose. It's hard not to laugh when you see that!

1 comment:

Elephantschild said...

FLOWERS! Yay!

I'm trying ganzania for the first time this year.