Saturday, July 31, 2010

Saturday Farm Report

We had about 2" of nice, gentle rain last night. The garden and lawn are so happy; my horse, less so. Hope is not a "mudder;" maybe that's why she wouldn't get into the trailer again today. She did fine on Thursday, but balked today. That's probably the excuse she would use, but I think it's pure laziness.

We had Jackie and Bucky out this week for swimming in the pond. My desktop is also balking today, and my laptop is just too doggone slow to upload photos, so I'll have to wait until Monday or so to share the photos I took.

Friday night we had a special meal for my birthday. Keri and Kris were nice enough to make me ribs, corn on the cob, salad with raspberries and blueberries, and strawberry shortcake with cream whipped by Mary. It was a delicious meal, topped off with coffee and Bailey's, John's contribution. All in all, a good day.

Today has been grey until now. It's also been cooler, but still extremely humid. Enough to curl my stick-straight hair! As if I should complain. John will be home for the next two weeks, with short interruptions for paying work. We'll finally be getting done some desperately needed farm work. And some desperately needed rest.

For now, though, it's Saturday afternoon. The sun just poked out, the cicadas are humming, and it's a soft, quiet afternoon. Just right for napping. So, guess what I'll do next? Yep. Head to work. Have a nice evening!

No comments: