Monday, March 21, 2011

-whew-

When I disappear from Blogland like I just did, it's often not because I just don't wanna be here. Sometimes, I just had too doggone much life to live, and visiting with you guys just didn't hit the radar...


St. Patrick's Day is also our daughter-in-law, Keri's, birthday. This birthday for her was really bad, as her grandmother had a stroke that day and has since gone on the Heaven. She and Matthew are out in California now, gathering with family and handling all of those things that need to be done at a time like this. Her Granny had a huge part in raising her from a pup, so this is going to be a tough time for her.

That night, also, Mary was nursing a fever, and we had spent a day or two helping her work through that. She spent this weekend in Springfield, at a Youth and Government gathering. I was worried about sending her after an illness, but she handled it well. They worked on two bills, had a good time, and you can read more about it at her blog, The Shurt'ugal's Post.

I spent the weekend doing some yard work and working on the England leg of our trip to Europe. Yesterday's weather helped; thunderstorms, torrential rains slowing down to constant drizzles, kept me out of the garden and on the sofa with my computer, researching B&Bs and train tickets. Fun times! I'm getting ready to launch a new blog, which will be sort of a travel journal for this trip. At the end of it, I should have a nice diary, complete with pictures, of our time overseas. And, at the end of it, I'll be back here. You know, in case you want to read about this crazy thing I call my life!

2 comments:

Kris said...

But Mary hasn't posted anything yet!

Cheryl said...

A new blog! Kewl!

Reminds me I should probably post on my other one. It's been a while!