Saturday, March 31, 2012

Saturday Farm Report

Goaties are growing, snarfing up bottles and learning to eat grass. There's not much cuter than a baby goat, and, watching them play King of the Hill with a beat-up Dogloo can beat the heck out of any bad mood.

Tomatoes, cabbages, broccoli, brussels sprouts, and more broccoli starts are up in the breezeway. I had to cover the garden this week, when our glorious weather became more seasonal, and frosts were predicted. I bought some cinder blocks to create another raised bed, where I will plant asparagus. Cedar sides for a raised bed? Roughly $120 per bed. Cinder blocks? $28. That was a no-brainer.

We are planning to de-horse by one. Feeding a Thoroughbred has gotten the better of us, and Hope will likely be going back whence she came. I will miss her, but it just makes sense.

I am entering the world of the working. I'll be joining the staff at Mary's school. If I have to work, this is the place, so it's a genuine answer to prayer.

Now, if the prayer for a new lawn mower would get answered....

No comments: