Saturday, December 22, 2007

Grinchy, Part II

OK, I finally get to it.
About a year ago, I watched this video

Here's another video of news reports about this little girl, also from about a year ago.

Now, iddn that sweet? Really, I like the concept; the little girl and her mom work through this, write a song, and record it. A cynical soul would find a nasty slant to it, but wouldn't have to, thanks to this guy. You can watch his video there, or at YouTube.

Notice: the first little girl is a military sister. If she makes some money off her song, and gets her 15 minutes of fame, I'm OK with that. She's paying her dues. The second little girl, if you poke around on The Guy's website, you will learn, is singing a song he wrote to make a buck. His personal stake in this is, well, personal; it seems to begin and end at his wallet. As a military mom, I don't like that he gets to pull out emotions that he never really has to experience. I don't like that he is manipulating peoples' emotions to fill his bankbook. And I REALLY don't like that he has that second little girl praying to Santa.
I feel used. And Grinchy.
But the big brother DID come home.

No comments: