Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Hey! I've Been Tagged!

I know, for most bloggers, this can be a real pain. BUT, this is my first time, and it proves that someone is really reading this blog, and, gosh, it's a fun one.
I've been tagged by AmusedMomma, who tells me to grab the nearest book, go to page 123, go down to the fifth sentence, and write the following three sentences. Here they are;

...It's hard to imagine that men exist who would do these things, especially to children--men who would so easily burn and steal and kill and rape.
I learned about rape last week. My mother took me aside after supper.

Whoa. Sorry to have picked up such a book, and found such a bummer of a passage; although, honestly, this is not as much of a bummer as some of the passages in this book. This book is called Tilli's Story, and is written by Tilli Schulze and Lorna Collier. Tilli lives near me, but grew up in what became East Germany, before and during WWII. While the book has many dark, dark moments, it also tells of incredible bravery and perseverence during a dark time in history. I highly recommend it, although I would not hand it to someone under 14, especially a girl, without prereading.
Hmmm...Who will be next?? How about Cheryl, Jenny, and Polly?

8 comments:

Elephantschild said...

You're going to be sorry you asked! Bwahahahah!

"The Age of Unreason: Science, Democracy, and the New Fundamentalism..." just might get me kicked off Loopers....

Melody said...

Ach--I was chased off Loopers once. It didn't take!

Cheryl said...

Sorry, my dear, but I already did this one! (And I can see you're behind on your blog reading!)

Melody said...

Cheryl; When? How did I miss it? I read your blog when you keep the same post up for days and days and....

Elephantschild said...

Hey you two - do I have to make you sit on opposite side of the internet?

Melody said...

She started it!

Cheryl said...

I'm going home and taking my blog with me!

AmusedMomma said...

Interesting, I've never heard of the book before. Good, now I can check off the "done one educational thing" box today. :-)