Monday, February 4, 2008

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig

Yes, we're home. We came safely through a "surprise" winter storm. Tell, me, what is so surprising about a snowstorm, in January, in northern Illinois? Why was every weathercaster in the area SHOCKED and UPSET about this occurrence? If you figure it out, let me know.
Oh, and I made another discovery last night. Not only is winter weather SHOCKING in winter, but so is the parental expectation that household norms be maintained while the parents are away. Even Grandma, who stayed home, was surprised. But, truth be told, it may have been my fault. I never used, in a complete sentence, the words floor, sweep or the. Nor did I use keep, kitchen or clean. And I certainly didn't use dishes, dishwasher, empty, keep, the, or wash.
Guess what I'll be doing today.

1 comment:

AmusedMomma said...

Hope you had fun on your trip even though you returned to a home needing quite a bit of attention.

I've tagged you in a meme if you care to play.