Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sleeping In

We slept in at Pine Ridge farm this Saturday. No real reason, except that we were tired. That means the critters haven't been fed yet. So they're out there, looking for us.









We aren't there yet.



I've never mentioned that we call this place Pine Ridge Farm. That's because we sit on the Marengo Ridge, and there are pines here. Aren't we creative? One of our kids doesn't think so. He prefers to call it The Funny Farm. MAP is SUCH a comedian!


Let's try a picture of the pines. This time of year, they often look like this;














They're gorgeous, anytime of year. I like the sound when the wind goes through them; it reminds me of vacations in the mountains. I like the feeling of the soft, new growth, early in the year. I like to go up on a warm spring day and smell that fragrance. I like putting pine cones on odd shelves throughout the house. (Not that anyone notices...)
Then my family kindly reminds me that the pines are in the pasture, mostly, and the fragrance I'm getting may not be so piney.
Time to get ready for the day. They're waiting...

No comments: