Friday, February 22, 2008

Sorry...I'm Bored.

Too bored to write, even.
How can I be so bored? With four kids, three in the Army, (and one of those deployed!) one 13 going on 27, cows and dogs and cats and chickens and goats right outside my backdoor, 95 year-old grandma living with me full time and 3-5-7 year-old grandchildren living with us very part-time. With husband out of work and either underfoot or nowhere to be found. How can I be bored?
Tonight, Grandma and MSP and I discussed and agreed. We LOVE Winter...but we're ready for Spring.
So it's NOT boredom, but...weariness...

3 comments:

Elephantschild said...

Didja get snow? We got snow. 'Bout five inches.

Yeah, I'm sick of winter, too. I want to get my hands dirty in the garden!

Melody said...

No new snow, at least not of any consequence. It dusted the windshelds.
Go to Farm and Fleet. Buy a Jiffy greenhouse tray; they're under $10. Start some marigolds, or broccoli. It's doing wonders for MY mood!
(Better yet, come up here and we'll go to Farm and Fleet together!)

Cheryl said...

Well, you know the best remedy for boredom is getting together with friends, preferably like-minded Lutheran homeschooling types. And it just so happens that this particular friend is going to be in your neck of the woods (and I do mean woods, as in Woodstock) in a couple of weeks (March 8 to be exact). The junior high choir I play for is going to contest and I guess the powers that be decided that it's the Chicago people's turn to drive. So north we will go. Wanna meet for coffee? Or better yet, coffee & chocolate? Or even better, lunch? (I also have a shirt and sweater that would like to go back home.)Check your calendar and let me know.