Saturday, April 12, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again...

It seems cleaning took over my blogging time; what up with that? But, I'm back!
Not that there's much to tell...It's been grey, rainy, and cold one day, warm the next here. The next couple of days are supposed to be frigid. I even brought in my portable greenhouse, because snow was flying this morning. Long story short; not much is getting done outside, and we're so bogged down by "grey weather blues" that not much is getting done inside, either.
Today the tax forms were mailed. Since we fell into the "rich" category last year, thanks (?) to the severance, we paid a boatload of taxes this year. It really hurt, but, what are ya gonna do? Yeah; jobless, but we get no refund. In fact, I mailed a check with the forms; what was withheld wasn't enough. Enough of that.
Today is cleaning, feeding animals, and making pizza for supper. MSP and I may take in The Scarlet Pimpernel, having just discussed the French Revolution in history. Tonight there will be some fluff on for movie night; Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. Doncha just wish YOU lived this hot, exciting life?

2 comments:

Wendi said...

mpernel with you? Huh? What happended to the first part of that sentence!? It's reminiscent of my organ playing this morning, ugh! Anyway, what I was asking when the computer so rudely erased my message, was... Oooh! Can Clara and I come and watch the Scarlet Pimpernel with your and MSP? Keith may even want to come... we've been watching the A&E episodes on DVD lately... we have an old 1940's ish one that we own, the new ones are from the library. The adventure is great the subtle humor is hillarious! Is there an old (or new) version that explains how Percy BECAME the SP in the first place?

Wendi in 50d Wyoming where it's supposed to be 70-75 Tomorrow!

Melody said...

Hey, we didn't get to watch it yesterday, so we'll be doing it tomorrow; we'll be starting about 2pm. Bring popcorn!
Afterward, you and Keith can snicker at our water and poor farming habits. Now that the snow is melted, I'm seeing all the work we neglected in the fall! Yikes!
We've only ever seen the old version; maybe older than yours, because I think that the one we saw was from the 30's. This is from the early 80's. If you decide you can't make it, I'll let you know if I recommend it!