Monday, April 7, 2008

Hungover

Not really! One whole glass of merlot wouldn't do that to me!
It was tough, though, to get back into the routine today. We slept in a little, and are doing less today. The weekend's adventures were wonderful!
The Chicago adventure should have been better planned. We wandered around for a bit before deciding what we really wanted to do, and then didn't get it all done. But two bookstores were visited and the girls rode the Navy Pier ferris wheel, so all was not lost.
Sunday after church we dined at "Ship-oat-lee," as the youngest RUTling would say. Then it was off for some shopping...and what shopping we found! One shop was just a "look in here visit," only to find that, when we did, everything was 40% off. Which of us walked out without a bag? None of us walked out without a bag! We're such GOOD little consumers.
Back at the ranch, er, farm, the guys pulled out all the old fencing that needed pulling. New stakes were installed for a new line of fencing. A trip was made to Best Buy for computer supplies, not that those were needed for fencing, but the testosterone was flying by then, and computer stuff needed to be bought. It looks very different around here, but we're far from finished.
EP had another drill weekend. This one was actually served at a CAP event; seems he was allowed to substitute.
All in all, a good weekend, if not too flashy. Hope you enjoyed yours!

5 comments:

Elephantschild said...

Planning is for sissies.

Cheryl said...

ROTling? Oh, I love it! (But I have a feeling those in my house for whom you have just coined a new name will be a little less impressed.)

And EC, I just love your spirit.

Elephantschild said...

Oh, it's a totally false spirit. (she says, breezily.)

I'm usually the one who has to have everything planned waaaay in advance.

I'm really bummed we didn't get to Meinl's. I can't believe we forgot! Melody! You should have said something before I dragged you all over the place!

Cheryl said...

Now that I think about it, shouldn't that be RUTling instead of ROTling?

And I just got around to exploring the menu at Meinl's. How indeed did we not get over there? I never even knew it was an option. Did you all discuss it sometime when I wasn't around? If I had known it was first and foremost a COFFEE HOUSE I would have made darn tootin' sure we got there!

And to think we ended up Caribou (which is normally my coffee of choice, but I can get that anytime. Meinl's, on the other hand--I doubt I'll have another chance at that cup of coffee until the two of you come back for another field trip).

Melody said...

You're right; RUTling. I'll change it!