Thursday, June 26, 2008

Did You SEE That?

Did you see the arms on that woman?



Good Lord, why would she bare such things? (Hey at least there's no jiggle!)(Probably because of all the fat, but let's move on.) And those cheeks? What snacks does she have stored in there?
Yikers, looking at a picture of yourself can sure be painful. Especially if, like me, you've been spoiling yourself through the years with all kinds of goodies. Sure, you can blame it on the kids. "What kind of childhood is it without chocolate chip cookies?" (But did I have to eat half the dough before it was cooked?) Or the farm. "I am TOO bushed to cook after cleaning barns today. Let's order pizza. Deep dish."
Well, little did you know, but that picture was taken on my very first day on Weight Watchers. Yeah, I joined this week, weighing in at....well, I'm not THAT honest. I've been counting points this week and unlearning all kinds of bad habits. From time to time I'll let you know how it's going. But for now...eat healthy yourself so you don't have to look at a picture like that someday!

PS I'm not going to complain if weight loss makes me look better. But it's really about avoiding diabetes, heart disease and back and knee issues.

2 comments:

Elisha said...

Wishing you luck on Weight Watchers, although I must say I saw nothing wrong in your picture. I too hate looking at pictures of myself and know I need to do something about losing some weight, but I love cooking and love eating even more.

Norsk Reise said...

And Take if from Experience is better to Avoid the Diabetes, Knee Problems and Backproblems.