Thursday, August 7, 2008

Melody and the Night Visitor

The other night I was visiting sites on my computer in the kitchen. My back was to the kitchen, and MSP was doing dishes. I could hear a tap-tap-tapping that was swift, light, and irregular. I wondered what on earth MSP was doing, and turned to ask. Instead, I found we had a night visitor. Outside our kitchen window, I saw




None of the chickens has done this before. She was one of the hens who attended the fair. We figure she missed the human contact. Or she liked the bugs that collected on the window; hence the tap-tap-tapping. Or she thought she was roosting; that windowsill is about 7 feet above the ground.

Whatever the reason, it was a fun visit.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Love the title!

That is really funny. We had chickens on our farm when I was growing up and they did lots of funny things, but that is a new one for me!

Elephantschild said...

I think that would've startled me just a teensy bit!

Elisha said...

What a neat visit, whatever the reason.