Saturday, August 2, 2008

Weekly Installment

Today on the farm...

The lawn is finally being mowed! I feel like that should be heralded by trumpets and fanfare. I think it's the third time this year; once it was done by hand! The mower went through a rejuvenation, and now seems to be humming along very happily. John, too. He likes to mow the lawn. Unless it's hot...and humid...and it is!

We have a brisket smoking on the deck. Vicar, his mom and his brother are here visiting. They've gone off to church, so we're manning the fire. Supper will be late tonight...but good!

Green beans were frozen today. I asked Don if I could get a bushel of beans. I asked to get them after the fair, which would be Monday at the earliest. In the category of cosmic joke, I got a call Thursday telling me my beans were ready. They came home yesterday and were cut and frozen today. I make 12 bags with my new toy. It was so new I wasted a lot of bags, because I made them too big. I'll get used to it. I just felt badly having company in the house and here I am, freezing beans!

Tonight is the 4H ice cream social at the fair. John and MSP are off eating, JP4 and I are minding the store, and the JP4lings are playing Wii. Ahhh... Country life!

(Editorial note; What is it with me and exclamation points?)

No comments: