Saturday, August 2, 2008

Say It Ain't So, Joe

I loved this book. But that has nothing to do with my post.


Since beginning Weight Watchers, 6 weeks ago now, I have not eaten much chocolate. Maybe 4 times, and, for a confirmed chocolate addict (I was genuinely afraid of my habit) that's a big deal. Three of those occasions were this week, as I celebrated my birthday and the visit of a friend.

Sunday night we ate at my favorite restaurant, Ted's Montana Grill. As it was my birthday celebration, I had dessert; a peanut butter cookie and two scoops of Haagen Dazs chocolate ice cream. It was wonderful; but I was up in the night with heartburn.

Wednesday night we ate at my favorite restaurant, (find me where it is written that I can't have two; I dare you) the Public House. Afterward, as it was my actual birthday, we went to Culver's and I had a hot fudge sundae. I was up three times in the night with heartburn.

Tonight I had dinner with my friend and part of her family. Her son smoked a brisket, there were lots of go-withs, and I made a chocolate zucchini cake. I am about to head off to bed, and I have heartburn.

Do you suppose I can't eat ice cream anymore? Or is it zucchini?

Because it can't be choc--choco---chocolate, can it?

2 comments:

Elephantschild said...

Hmmmm... could simply be the extra occurences of richer fare all in a short period of time.

Otherwise, I'd be blaming the corn syrup sweetners in the ice cream, but I'm terribly biased against corn syrup.

Hope you're feeling better!

Jane said...

Susan and I were just talking last week about having trouble with ice cream.