Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Weight Watchers' Update, or, Our Author Brags On Herself

This is what 25 pounds looks like.



Yes, those are two 10-pound bags and one 5-pound bag of flour I am holding. I was carrying around 25 extra pounds until this week, when I reached my 25-pounds-lost milestone. I wanted to see what that felt like. Imagine carrying that around all day. I WAS!

This is what 25 pounds looks like, when Weight Watchers' gives you your little keychain and charms for losing weight.



Remember what I looked like when I started?



Here's how that shirt fits now.



This pose was just for fun. I wanted to see how much room there was.



Here I am, ready to head to the grocery store to embarrass my daughter by making her take the 25-pounds-of-flour picture. That's probably good for some therapy down the road (for her.)




John, who joined WW about 7 weeks ago, just got home. Today was his weigh-in day. He lost another 3 pounds; he's up to 13 pounds lost.

Diet and exercise, folks. Diet and exercise.

11 comments:

Elisha said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Bi-Coloured-Python-Rock-Snake said...

It's funny how "diet and exercise" just doesn't sell.

I used to joke, when people would remark about all the weight (nearly 100 lbs) I lost before joining the Army and during my first year in, that I was going to get rich off my best-selling weight-loss plan, "Run Four Miles A Day And Be Hungry All The Time".

Melody said...

100 POUNDS. You da man!
Seriously...that's an awesome loss. Not only got you the best job in the world, (ahem) but made you healthier, too. Congratulations!

Kristi said...

Way to go girl!!! Awesome Job!

Michelle said...

Yay Melody! Looking good!

Genuine Lustre said...

Aren't those bags a great visual? You're awesome, St. Melody.

Karen said...

Congratulations! You look terrific! I love the use of flour to demonstrate the pounds you no longer carry around all day.

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Melody!!!! I bet you feel better too. :)

Kim said...

Congratulations!!

Elephantschild said...

Woo-hoo! Bravo!

Wish I had a weight-loss buddy here in town - would make things a teensy bit easier!

Melanie said...

All I can say is , "Wow! That is awesome!". I'm really proud of you, Melody!