Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Morning After

Four years ago, on the morning after election day, I set out for a 7 hour drive. At that time, I was making that round trip about every 6 weeks to buy organic feed for our animals. The route took me right up through Wisconsin, past the capital of the state. As this was in our old truck, equipped with a simple AM/FM radio, I had really only one consistent choice for radio listening. Wisconsin Public Radio being less than open-minded in it's programming, (is that graceful?) it was interesting listening that day. (Blood pressures were running high in Wisconsin, if the callers that day were any kind of representative sample.)

I hope that my friends and family will join me in taking a vow already taken by my friend (Can I call you that, Evan?) Bi-Coloured-Python-Rock-Snake. Not only will it keep our country peaceful and civil, it'll keep us physically healthy, too.

1 comment:

Elephantschild said...

God's will is always accomplished, and this election is over: Obama is the president our Lord wants this country to have.

So be it.

(But I'm already planning for the midterm elections....)