Friday, November 14, 2008

TGIF!

No cutesy-pootsy videos today. Sorry.

Today was hunting and gathering day. Mary and I visited the farm for our raw milk purchase, then hit Sear's for some Land's End goodies. I was surprised, though; $25 for ear wraps? I mean, they're cute and all, but, when the shoes were $19.99, why were the ear wraps so doggone expensive? We'll get ours at WalMart!

While in Sears, we ran into some relatives, who dragged us (kicking and screaming, ha, ha) to Chili's for lunch. Again, yowzers! $2.50 for a glass of iced tea? No wonder people are cutting back on their expenditures! We also made a quick trip into Barnes and Noble, for a spelling book for the Seanster.

Then we hit the produce market. It was a breath of fresh air. Good prices, great produce, happy people. awesome selection on all the shelves and in the deli...If you live close by, you have to try it!

We ended the afternoon with pumpkin roll and good friends, when The Homeschool Moms came by. I had to laugh at Grandma's wake, when I saw the flowers these ladies sent. I read the tag, "From Kathy, Heidi, Diane and Pam," and thought, "What beautiful flowers. I wonder who those ladies are?" Well, I don't think of them by name. They're just The Homeschool Moms! We had a good talk and the kids played hard. Only a few bruises, so it was a good day!

We're ending it at the movies. John called and asked me for a date, to see Quantum of Solace. Since Mary wants to go, too, it'll be a lot like when we dated, and my best friend would tag along. My favorite guy in the seat next to me, and that hunky Daniel Craig on the screen...What a great end to a fun day!

1 comment:

Elephantschild said...

What? No horrified comments on the price of movie tickets? I haven't been in ages - since Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe came out. What does a ticket cost these days?