Saturday, November 15, 2008

Once Again, It's Saturday

It's cold and blustery today; no snow, although there are dark grey clouds to the west. I'll be raking and burning leaves later, so I'll be staying warm.

We have GOT to get this place under control before the snow really comes. While the barn is full of hay, all the equipment that was moved out while the hay moved in is still OUT. Places have to be found for that stuff.

I have to go through the garage and sort Grandma's things that are going to charity from those that are staying. She was a smart cookie; she gave away or sold most of her stuff before she died, so that part has been made easy-peasy for us.

Bills have to be paid. This week we took 35 chickens to the butcher (remember those little cuties that lived in the breezeway for a while?) I made broth with three of them last night, so broth needs to be canned today. I'm also going to pick through all the meat and freeze it up for pot pies, etc, this winter. In the past, I have used old laying hens for canning broth. This was the first time I used young birds, so it's also the first time I have meat that we want to use.

And this house needs to get organized! I realize that that will be a month-long process or so, but it'll get there. Little bit by little bit.

By the way, the new Bond movie is lots of fun. The villain is dastardly and Bond isn't. The only difference is that the Bond girl got one kiss out of the whole deal. It was actually a neat departure from the usual. This Bond is a different character.

No comments: