Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I Have a Quiet House

Ethan has gone to class. Jay and Kris took Mary and Sean skiing. I am alone until suppertime or so. I have brewed a pot of coffee, and am all set to sit down and read, read, read. Unfortunately, my utility room looks like this;



And this;



-sigh- I guess I'll be reading later. Much later.

An hour later, the utility room looks better;



There is still MUCH to be done, but I've made a pile




of things that Bethesda Thrift Store will be glad to take off my hands. Now it's time for lunch.




Yes, that is beet soup. Grandma would be disappointed, because there were no greens to add. But it's good! And that sour cream is NOT sour cream. That, thanks to Glenda, is Greek yogurt. I had seen it in the stores for years, but had never tasted it, until she waxed rhapsodical about it recently. Now I will probably not buy much sour cream for a long time. This is GOOD stuff!

4 comments:

Elephantschild said...

Go read your book. I can still see the countertops and the floor, so you're fine.

:)

Cheryl said...

At least it's your utility room. You should see my whole house.

Karen said...

I love before and after pictures. They are so motivating! You have earned a good book and a warm drink!

Wendi said...

Great Job! Is your stove really next to your dryer? or do you have a spare?

Just askin' ;-)