Monday, December 1, 2008

Under The Weather

Yep, that would be me today. In more ways than one.

Last night was our first real snowfall of the season. We expect some more tonight. Of course, the mower was left out in the snow. The lawn furniture was left uncovered. And who worries about such things, I ask you? The mama, that's who. While I did get help from one kid with respect to the mower, and from another with respect to some shoveling that needed to be done, no one else around here wastes a minute of brain time in worrying about such things. Except for me.

It's an awesome task. Made even more awesome by the tasks of hauling feed and water for the animals. Because who gets up before God to do such things? The mama, that's who. I mean, I could wake the chilluns and get them out there. But, honestly, that's more work than just doing it. And if you're thinking, "Those kids aren't learning when you do things like that," well, I'll invite you to stop by and wake them up any day you've got the guts. Have at it.

So the weather got to me today. And the work got to me today. Which could be why my tummy is getting to me now. Or not. But, whatever the reason, I'm under the weather.

In more ways than one.

5 comments:

Elisha said...

So sorry to hear you are under the weather. The mamma is the only who thinks about any of those types of things around my house also.
And like you said, more times than not, it is more work to get everyone else to help than it is to just do it myself.

Hope your feeling better soon and maybe, just maybe, you will find someone willing to help.

Elephantschild said...

You and me both. Grrrr. 'Cept I'm not physically ill - just cranky.

And here I am are stuck with the husband gone for four days, but we're with our "good car" - a car that can't be driven out on a three hour tour* without the Rescue Man waiting at home as back-up should the brakes go out somewhere north of Bloomington.... ::rolls eyes::

The other car is even worse off. Otherwise we'd come and cheer you up.


* Are singing the Gilligan's Island theme?

Cheryl said...

I'm cranky, too, EC. Is it just winter?

And Melody, I SOOO understand that frustration of being the main person who keeps everything in mind and takes responsibility for making sure it all gets done. It's exhausting. But I guess that's homemaking is all about--it's as much managing as doing.

Wendi said...

I can totally relate to "It's easier to do it yourself than to wake up the chilluns to do it!"

Genuine Lustre said...

Awwww. Hope you feel better soon.