Monday, January 12, 2009

Saturday Farm Report

What? No, you aren't nutty; perhaps I am. But I/you missed a Saturday Farm Report, so I figured I'd make up for it.
Saturday was sleeping in, then helping Matthew and Jarvis, another soldier, move into an apartment. The guys hit Goodwill and WalMart for necessary supplies, including furniture, and we met the (scarily) reassuring landlady. Mexican food for lunch and good steaks for dinner; don't look for any good Weight Watchers' reports from me after this week!
Yesterday we continued the process. Matthew bought himself an iPhone, which is a good thing. Between him and Mary, I didn't get to use mine most of the weekend. He was like a kid with a new toy, which, I guess, he was. Sadly, I really did lose my iPhone this weekend. On the advice of the AT&T salesman who helped Matthew, I tried to update my phone and, instead, now have a brick sitting on the desk. It seems he mentioned one simple direction that needed to be done. But he didn't write it down. I needed it written down; didn't do it, hosed up my iPhone. We're heading over there right after breakfast and some laundry is done. We ht a nice deli for lunch, Cracker Barrel for tea and ice cream, and the Olive Garden for dinner. My jeans still fit, but this has to stop!
(Yes, I do laundry on the road. But, when I come home, all my clothes are clean and go right into drawers!)

1 comment:

Elephantschild said...

Ain't software fun? ::groan::

Hope you can get your iPhone un-bricked ASAP.