Friday, March 20, 2009

The Flu

Much like a bad batch of Amish Friendship Bread, the flu has been passed through our house. Mary had it first, and then Ethan, who was kind enough to pass it to John and me before he left.

John's had it worse than me. He reminds me of Ethan, who was counting cadences during his delirium. John's just been having weird dreams about ducks or cats or something. I have been blessed enough to miss out on the fever, although the other symptoms made their appearances, one by one, thankyouverymuch.

We seem to have turned a corner this morning. Tea and Jello aren't just soothing, but actually taste good.

But two movies not to watch when you're having the flu; The Duchess. I just wanted to cry and cry for this poor woman, who wasn't really very poor, I suppose, just, by all accounts, miserable. I guess I get emotional when I'm feeling rotten. And The Good Shepherd; I should have asked about the format. It's hard to follow a wandering flashback movie when one of you is having fever-induced flashbacks in the first place!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Your picturesque phrase "passed around like a bad batch of Amish Friendship Bread" made me spew coffee on my keyboard. I hope that you all heal quickly!