Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Boldly Go...

On Sunday, Bi-Coloured-Python-Rock-Snake had a fun quote about the new Star Trek film. If it weren't a family tradition, it would have made me more determined to see the film.

We did that last night. Oh. My. Word. I thought previous Star Trek films had been fun and witty; this not only accomplished that, but sealed the deal for 20 more years of Star Trek. Now, some of you may not find that all that interesting, but for this family, whose lexicon will always include a seriously-intoned "Pace..," it was very satisfying.

(Pace? Not just salsa here. When our youngest soldier was just 3 or 4, and Star Trek: Next Generation was airing, all he needed was to hear those first notes of the musical intro. He would come running from wherever he was in the house to stand before the Glowing Screen and intone, along with Patrick Stewart, "Space. The Final Frontier..." Except his little preschool lisp left out the "S.")

The casting was...scary. How did they find people who looked so much like the originals, but younger? Makes me think cloning is happening...

Some favorite quotes;

"I have been, and always will be, your friend."

"I'm a doctor, Jim, not a physicist."

"Can I have a towel?"

"Her first name is?" "Never mind!"

"Wiktor" "Password not recognized."

And now I know how he got the nickname Bones.

3 comments:

Bi-Coloured-Python-Rock-Snake said...

The new Chekov is priceless.

It's always made me wonder, though, where on earth did Chekov come from? How, in a world where even the aliens speak perfect unaccented American, did he manage to end up with such an accent?

Melody said...

And then there was Picard; Frenchman with British accent? I don't think so!

Elephantschild said...

I really, really, REALLY want to see this.

I mean REALLY.

(I go cry in corner now. KTHXBAI.)