Monday, December 27, 2010

On the Third Day of Christmas...

I will head over to the doctor's office in a bit for a checkup of my feet.

I am hoping he will let me lose the Stormtrooper boots.



It's not that I don't like them. Oh, yeah, I can really rock the Stormtrooper boots. I'm stylin'.

They're not an easy technology for me. They have inflatable supports on all sides. The level of inflation seems to vary during the day, no matter how carefully I inflate them in the morning. So I'll put my feet into comfortable Stormtrooper boots in the morning, and then feel my squished feet going numb in the evening. Or they lose air, and I stand up to find no support at all. They have Velcro, which isn't as carefree as the inventor had hoped. Everyone knows when I put these puppies on, and the Velcro sticks to all kinds of things that have nothing to do with the boots. I have to do this at least once in the middle of the night. And, often, the Velcro on one has stuck to the Velcro on the other, so I'm disentangling things in the dark. -whine-

They're heavy. And the toes are open, so, when I've had to go out in the snow, I have to be especially careful, because the overriding concern is do not get the dressings wet. It's quite a sight when I come in and have to blow dry the Boots. But they do have amazing traction. I'm like a tank. Well, my feet are.

I bet John wishes he cold handle my whining like Darth Vader handled whining.


Update: Four more weeks in the Stormtrooper/Robomom boots. -pout- No driving until then. But the Ace wraps are gone, and I can shower!

No comments: