Friday, March 25, 2011

Sure Signs of Spring

This came to the door today.



What, you ask, was in it? Certainly NOT penguins!



The first of our seed potatoes!

I saw these today. It was 22 last night, was 35 today, and is predicted to be 22 again tonight. These babies are cold!



I made a trip to Farm and Fleet today. Spring was bustin' out all over there! And here's the evidence.



These little darlings followed me home. In a box. On my daughter's lap. But they followed me home. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!



5 months to fresh eggs. Lord willing and the creek don't rise!



Only about 6 weeks to cauliflower, cabbages and pak choi. Sadly, I didn't figure properly when I planted them. When they are ready to eat, I'll be in
Austria. Or Germany. Ah, well. John can eat them, at least until he gets on the plane to meet us in England.

Spring, spring, spring!!

2 comments:

Elisha said...

As cold as it is here right now, you could have ordered penguins and they would be very happy with our weather! lol

Melody said...

No kidding, Elisha! Our grandchildren have spring break this week, and we're planning a trip to the zoo. I'll stop by and see how happy the penguins are!