Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday Farm Report

Today was a gorgeous day, if cold. We had 22 degrees last night, about 35 today, and we're expecting 23 tonight. It's cold, but beautifully sunny. We got the housework done this week, so we had today--almost--to ourselves. (By "ourselves," I mean Mary and me. John was working at the library today.)

We headed out mid-morning to pick up some dress patterns. They were on sale today for $1.99. Regular price? One was $17.95, the other, $18.95. Who pays those prices? Seriously, I'd like to know. Doesn't everyone wait until Hancock or JoAnn's has them on sale for $1.99? We also picked up some fabric for two dresses, both for Mary. One will be a sundress, with a red bandanna theme. The other is likely her Easter dress; a flippy, pretty skirt and fitted bodice made from a peach/orange/green floral.

We came home and I headed out to garden. Two of my raised beds are now covered with plastic, which I am counting on to help the soil warm. In about 2 weeks, I'm planning on putting out broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower, so let's hope it works!



My pretty pony has been looking pretty nasty these days, mudbug that she is.



I swear, this horse could find the only spot of mud in the Sahara, and, regardless of size, she'd roll in it and cover herself with the stuff. She's starting to shed, too, so I took a brush to her. Not much improvement, but it was more to get in touch with her again and move some muscles on myself that I did it, anyway.



Then I came in and did some sewing for me. I cut out a top to wear on our trip,



and finished the hem on a black skirt. I'll do that tonight, while I watch The X Files. We're almost done...

Tonight was pork schnitzel, red cabbage, spaetzle, fried pickles, broccoli and wine. Getting in training for that Europe trip, y'know?!

No comments: