Monday, June 11, 2012

Leftover Supper

Last week I grilled half of a turkey. It was a disappointing experience, because, when we carved into it, red juices ran out. Yes, I had underestimated the cooking time. As it was apparent that at least another hour was needed on the grill, and since it was already half an hour past suppertime, we returned it to the grill and...went out to dinner. Very disappointing, although the dinner was lovely.

The next night, I warmed the turkey in my crockpot, and hauled out the potato and lettuce salads which I had prepared the night before. Turkey supper!

The night after that, I prepared a pizza crust. On it I put barbecue sauce,



some chopped cooked turkey,



some onion, (wish it had been RED onion)



and some colby jack cheese.



Into the oven it went.

I forgot to take a picture of the finished pizza, but, please believe me, it was delicious!!

It's been about 5 nights now. Tomorrow, I will put most of the turkey into the freezer for a couple of weeks. I'll season about a third of it for tacos. Tomorrow night, we'll use some of that meat to make turkey burritos. And Wednesday, we'll have turkey taco salad.

See why I'm putting some away for a few weeks? My family doesn't mind leftovers, but they would riot if I tried serving it again in the next week or so!

No comments: