Friday, January 4, 2013

Resolutions

Do you make resolutions? I always do, and always forget about them by the end of January. I don't intend to, but Life gets in the way. Like when I decide to work out regularly, and I get sick around January 10th, that sort of thing.

By the way, that's typical. The average person gives up their resolutions by January 9th. This year, however, I want to be above average. Not an A student, just a B. Above average. So I'm shooting for January 15th.

And so I made my resolution simple. It comes from a Facebook meme I saw; "If the Mayans taught us anything, it's that, if you don't finish something, it's not the end of the world." This year, I'm going to do my best to not focus so much on the end result, but on the process of getting there. I'm going to try and take rabbit trails, if necessary,in order to really live my life.

And, yes, because I'm one of those personality types, I am working on a healthier diet, too, and prayer. Lots of prayer.

No comments: