Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Yet Another Update

30 pounds. I have lost 30 pounds. It seemed to take forever to get from 20 to 30, but, really it was only nine weeks. Not very long in the grand scheme of things.

One of the leaders was kind and said I must have reached a plateau. But I realize that I'm letting myself slip. At the beginning, I would have one, maybe two, days in a two week period where I would look back and find I had written "Ooops" across my points tracker for the day. This past six weeks or so, there are two a week, sometimes three, and, once, five. No wonder it took nine weeks, although I still managed to lose weekly. Small amounts, like .4 or .6, but they were still losses.

So I am back on the wagon, so to speak, again. I'm more serious, starting today, about what I'm eating and doing calisthenics (really, mixed Pilates, core strengthening and stretching, but calisthenics is shorter) after my walks daily rather than the once a week it had come down to. So we'll see how long it takes for the next ten. 15 to go!

4 comments:

Elephantschild said...

30 is fantastic. And 30 lost in 12 weeks would be 10 a month - that would be fabulous in my book - so to do that in 9 weeks is amazing.

Of course, it takes me months to drop and keep off just 5-7 lbs, so I'm easily impressed.

Elisha said...

Congratulations! That is great. Wish I had the willpower you have. You should be proud of yourself.

Wendi said...

You go, girl! (Don't I sound hip?)

Cheryl said...

Good for you! I admire your "stick-to-it-ive-ness"!