Monday, February 2, 2009

Stale

I had a great weekend. I went away with some friends, to see another friend, and met a whole host of new friends! It was a lovely time, and I feel refreshed.

Refreshed enough to realize that I am getting stale. Stale, stale, stale. It may be because we are on day 43 of winter. That's almost halfway through, but we still have halfway to go. It may be because we are on day 67 or so since Grandma passed away, and I am finally realizing that that really has slowed me down. While I am happy for her, and understand the whole process, I really have been running on half-energy for about two months, wind out of my sails, etc.

So I will make an effort over the next month or so to pull myself up and re-engage. Some work is already being done here to return to some semblance of routine, although we're re-integrating Ethan, whose military academy was shut down, meaning he has had to move home. He'll be here until mid-March, when he heads to Basic training. We've started working on a realistic schooling schedule, figuring in barn chores, teenaged hormones and sleeping patterns, college schedules and naptimes for the teacher. This will get us on the road to freshness...if all goes well, although we know how the plumbing's been lately!

But, see how badly I need some re-energizing? My usually optimistic outlook is fading. So help me out here. Suggest a few topics for me to write about. (But not about not ending sentences with prepositions!) (Did you ever notice that you can't even direct someone not to do that without doing that?) Stretch my brain so I have to look at something different. Please, dear stalkers, be my muses, and help me get my groove back. K?

4 comments:

Elephantschild said...

I'd love some animal pics, even if they're kinda muddy from being cooped up.

Are you planning seeds and/or garden stuff yet? That would be good to hear about.

SUE said...

Write about your neghborhood..

What are you happy about..

Think of something new for yourself. :) All the best to you

Ritzman said...

Animals/farm ramblings please.
Especially for someone new to your blog! :)
BTW, it was super to meet you Saturday. You are so easy to talk/listen to!

Ma said...

I love your farm stories and pictures. I'm a city girl and I envy people who live in the country. Often I will go back to your blog and read the farm stories.