Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Schooling Outside of the Home

Things are coming back together. The house is a bit chaotic, but we're moving Ethan back in. Tomorrow we go to see my mom, who had a knee replaced today.

Mary has been readjusting to a mom/teacher who has decided to teach again. Yesterday she managed a little math, some PE and some homework for Pastor Borhart, who will help confirm her in May. PE? Well, part of it was WiiFit, I will admit. But part of it was helping Selena, who has been taking it easier this winter, to get back some condition. Selena was so skeletal after weaned her kids last fall that we didn't breed her back. As she continued to degrade in condition, despite good food and partial confinement, we finally confined her totally to a stall in our barn. She even got a heat lamp so she wouldn't burn calories trying to keep warm.




I suppose we shouldn't be going to these extremes to help a goat, but she's a pretty nice one who has been good for Mary.

Ethan and the Seanster did a little outdoor time of their own. Ethan is teaching Sean survival skills, to be used in the event of zombie attack. I kid you not.



There they go, up the hill, to learn to shoot.

I didn't think guns worked against real zombies. Maybe that's why they took the airsoft guns.

4 comments:

Elisha said...

Sounds like a great day of school.

Bi-Coloured-Python-Rock-Snake said...

"I didn't think guns worked against real zombies."

You are clearly hopelessly ignorant of the basics of zombie necrology. The most fundamental rule in neutralizing a zombie is that you must sever the head or destroy the brain. A decent marksman can reliably accomplish the latter.

I'd suggest you pick up the Zombie Survival Guide if you want to have any hope of surviving the inevitable zombie uprising.

Ma said...

I know you may be tired of the snow but I think it is absolutely beautiful!

I am an educator and I think WiiFit is perfect for PE!

Betsy

Elephantschild said...

Somehow, I knew I'd find Evan where Zombies are being discussed.

Your goats always make me smile. They're so... Heidi.